Thursday, June 11, 2009

ZEN IN THE ART OF WALKING



After almost 50 years of the practice of “walking” some points of right practice are evident.
A. I just let my breathing establish a deep smooth rhythm.
B. I never look at anything until I have developed this rhythm.
C. After a period of time, I let my glance fall naturally on the feather tips of trees, houses, cars, colors and so forth – no content, no reflection, just this watching mind that strikes at the heart of the form, color, texture or gesture, of each point of interest.
Here the only meaning in each gesture is the total life of all there is, dancing and singing in and out of form forever!
Form, beauty, organization, intelligence and love are in just one glance. In each glance eternity is revealed. In each glance pure identity is aware of itself.

No comments: