Friday, August 31, 2007

ART

Another brilliant morning. It’s difficult to talk about paining; the How To’s always come out of the artist or would-be artists’ personal passion preferences. There are so many styles and schools of art! I love all styles. Abstract expressionism - at its highest level is stunning and visceral. There is the expressionistic viewpoint, shimmering in broken color contrast. There are the great illustrators, Frazetta, Boris, Chuck Ren, Norman Rockwell. John Singer Sargent was a monster of flowing realistic expression.

I, myself…well…precision craftsmanship set against or set within iridescent color schemes has driven me…Strong draftsmanship was as essential to me as air itself. And then mystical interpretation of form was my desired result. I started copying Michaelangelo one of the most powerful draftsmen of the human machine. For him, the divine spirit was writhing in the muscle and bone architecture of the human body, seeking to express the inexpressible in gestures of power and grace. Drawing to me was always the sole signatures of the great artists.

Fear nothing but the failure to experience your true nature – The Three Pillars of Zen

No comments: